Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and for days I’ve been pondering what these three words printed on fall decor, clothing, and signs mean together: Grateful, Thankful, Blessed.
1. If you dressed up this Halloween, who did you pretend to be?
2. Describe your costume (or your treat giving undressed self/not naked but not masked)
3. Was it an individual, duo, or group dress-up?
4. Why did you choose to be her/him/it?
5. Did you make or buy your costume?
6. What made your costume a winner/loser?
7. Did you create, craft, or bake something for Halloween? If so describe.
8. Do you know the H-A-Double L-Oh-W (Double U) – Double EE – N spells Halloween song?
9. Would you bob for apples in this day and age, or would you just get an app to score a Honeycrisp in a cyber contest?
10. Pick one: witch, ghost, devil, vampire, clown, bunny, or werewolf?
11. Favorite Halloween treat
12. Favorite Halloween trick
13. Favorite Halloween hometown ghost story
14. Favorite Part of November (aka tomorrow)
I’m grateful and humbled by all the warm birthday wishes I received today. Aside from deeper laugh lines, wilder gray hairs, and more time spent in sneakers than high heels, I’m thankful for the following which keeps me recharged, tuned in, and willing to praise each new day: love, knowledge, grace, forgiveness, health, energy, ambition, and laughter
The biggest things I strive for in these middle years is to keep moving, focusing, connecting, dreaming, playing, and praying. In a hurried world, it’s easy for me to neglect these birthday wishes for myself, but I thank God for another year and day to give it a go. Green light!
I hope to do my best to carefully sow and grasp the nature of the moment and fully glow and grow in it. I try to embrace challenges and stages of change in myself and others. The discarded calendar pages and infinitely made-over clock face prove change is the only permanent constant we have besides death. With each fleeting breath, my greatest wish is to transform and discover a softer wingspan one to help me and my soul glide along more presently, pleasantly, and peacefully. May each tomorrow grant a metamorphosis that floats all of us further than where we are today.
Born on date: 9/23/72 — Still having fun like a kid on the Fourth of July!
Shine on!!! Have a day you dreamed of!